How To Get Back On Track Quickly
With most people heading away on holidays over the summer, it can upset any good routine you might have, if you’re trying to lose or maintain your weight. Here’s my recovery diet and exercise plan, that’ll help you quickly get back to where you were, before your holidays.
The good news is, that some of the weight you gained may be water. If you eat a lot of sugar and salt, your body can store water in your fat cells leaving you bloated. Once you get back to eating healthily and exercising, you should get back to where you were before the holiday very quickly.
This plan is not realistic to do in the long-term, as its quite extreme but will get results quickly. It should only be followed for one week after your holiday. I take no responsibility for any allergic reactions or injuries that might occur and always consult your Doctor before trying any diet.
- Breakfast should be 1 egg, with 2 slices of wholegrain bread & a small amount of butter.
- Morning snack is a pear.
- Lunch is chicken Caesar salad with 2 chicken breasts, light drizzle of dressing and only a very small amount of cheese.
- Afternoon snack is 100kcals of any raw nuts.
- Evening meal is up to 2 pieces of any fish, chicken or turkey, grilled. With an open fist size portion of vegetables (Except potatoes, carrots, parsnips, peppers or turnips) or leafy salad.
- Evening snack if required is a plain natural yogurt with seeds added or instead have 2 tablespoons of organic peanut butter.
- Plan, prepare and refrigerate all your meals in advance.
- No Alcohol for the week.
- Exercise 5-6 days for 30mins. Include 2 weight training days. I’d also recommend at least one spin class.
- Drink 2 Litres of water a day, at room temperature. Sparkling is ok.
- Intermittent fast to boost your metabolism once over the week, with a 16 hour fast. For example finish your evening meal at 8pm and don’t eat until 12pm the next day. Water and plain black coffee only during the fast.
- Don’t eat out for the week.
- Plan your next holiday